I’ve never been here before what do I need to do?
- Before Arriving (Items to Bring/Wear)
- Be sure to wear TENNIS SHOES with non marking soles (No Running Shoes!!)(No Cleats!!)
- A Water Bottle (The TennisPlex prides itself in being a green facility) Two water jugs are conveniently located within each dome for your refreshment. (We Do Not Provide Cups)
- BPA free Montgomery TennisPlex water bottles are available for $5 in the clubhouse
- Once I Have Arrived
- Please report directly to the club house if it is your first time at the TennisPlex.
- Parking: If available park in the lot designated for MTP. Overflow parking is available on weekdays in the lot for the soccer field directly across the street. On weekends please park just down the road in the spaces designated for the King Barn Dairy Mooseum when no spaces are available in the MTP lot.
- Inside the clubhouse you will…
- Sign In
- Complete a Release Form (if its your first time)
- Release Forms can be found online attached to registration forms. If you complete this form please be sure to bring it in with you when you check in.
- Be assigned to your court
- Be given all the information you need about MPT
- Upcoming classes
- Spot Time Availability
- Tournaments and Special Events
- When I Leave
- Be sure to take all your belongings with you (Racquet, Car Keys, etc)(Montgomery TennisPlex is not responsible for any lost or stolen items)
- Check to make sure the court is clean and ready for the next patrons
- If you have any comments about your experience please stop by the clubhouse and let us know
I’ve never played tennis before but I’m thinking about trying it. Is there anything I should know?
First of all, tennis is the “Sport of a Lifetime” and will improve physical fitness, mental fitness, (non Internet-based) social networking and FUN. Read what the USTA has to say about the physical and mental benefits of tennis. And read 34 reasons to play tennis at Tennis-Health.com to learn more.
Secondly, lessons are important for newcomers because they facilitate proper learning of the fundamentals and so participants will improve as rapidly as possible. And group instruction makes sense because it’s less costly per hour, learning happens while watching others and it’s naturally more FUN and social.
Finally, we will provide several entry-level options for new players, including the new QuickStart format for tennis for 10 and under youth, group and private instruction for adults and cardio tennis for teens and adults. Cardio Tennis provides a way to get great exercise using tennis mobility and techniques that is fun, beneficial from day one and requires no tennis experience.
I’m on a budget. Can I afford to play at your new tennis center?
MTP has no membership fees and no guest fees and our hourly rates for instruction and court time are very affordable in comparison to other tennis centers and most other recreational options. In addition, we are now offering introductory discounts of up to 20% off for seasonal court time and for instructional programming so this is a great time to take full advantage of the lower costs.
What are your hours of operation?
I’d love to play at the new courts in Germantown but I’m concerned about the commute. How long will it take?
Our location, conveniently located and accessible from a variety of routes, is less than 20 miles from the Capital Beltway, 20 minutes or less from Rockville, and 30 minutes or less from Frederick, Potomac, and Silver Spring. Also, the new Intercounty Connector provides convenient access to and from Columbia and Baltimore and other northern locations.