I’ve never been here before what do I need to do?
- Before Arriving (Items to Bring/Wear)
- Be sure to wear tennis shoes with non-marking soles (NO running shoes and NO cleats).
- A water bottle (The TennisPlex prides itself in being a “green” facility). Large jugs of purified water are conveniently located on the courts and in the lobby for your refreshment. We Do Not Provide cups.
- BPA free Montgomery TennisPlex water bottles are available for $4 in the clubhouse.
- Once I Have Arrived
- Please report directly to the club house, if it is your first time at the TennisPlex.
- Parking: Park in the TennisPlex lot next to the clubhouse. Overflow parking is also available in the spaces designated for the King Barn Dairy Mooseum (next door to the TennisPlex) when no spaces.
- Please do not leave valuables visible in your car
- Inside the clubhouse you will…
- Inform front desk attendant that you are ready to play
- Complete a Release Form (for first time players)
- Release Forms are available at the front desk but can also be found online attached to registration forms.
- Be assigned to your court
- Be given all the information you need about the TennisPlex
- Upcoming instructional classes
- Court time availability
- Tournaments and special events
- When I Leave
- Be sure to take all your belongings with you (racquet, car keys, cell phones, etc.). Montgomery TennisPlex is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- Check to make sure the court is clean and ready for the next patrons
- If you have any comments about your experience please stop by the clubhouse and let us know
I’ve never played tennis before but I’m thinking about trying it. Is there anything I should know?
First of all, tennis is the “Sport of a Lifetime” and will improve physical fitness, mental fitness, (non Internet-based) social networking and it is a lot of FUN. Read what the USTA has to say about the physical and mental benefits of tennis. And read 34 reasons to play tennis at Tennis-Health.com to learn more.
Secondly, lessons are important for newcomers because they facilitate proper learning of the fundamentals so participants will improve rapidly and enjoy the game from the onset. And group instruction makes sense because it’s less costly per hour, learning happens while watching others and it’s naturally more FUN and social.
Finally, we will provide several entry-level options for new players, including the new QuickStart tennis format for 10 and under youth and group and private instruction for adults. Cardio Tennis is also an option that provides a way to get great exercise using tennis mobility and techniques that is fun, beneficial from day one and requires no tennis experience.
I’m on a budget. Can I afford to play at your new tennis center?
MTP has no membership fees and no guest fees and our hourly rates for instruction and court time are very affordable in comparison to other tennis centers and most other recreational options.
What are your hours of operation?
We are open daily from 7am to 11pm (7-9am and 7-11pm requires advanced reservation) to accommodate just about everyone’s schedule. Check our junior program schedules and adult program schedules for a schedule of classes and to register.
I’d love to play at the new courts in Germantown but I’m concerned about the commute. How long will it take?
Our location, conveniently located and accessible from a variety of routes, is less than 20 miles from the Capital Beltway, 20 minutes or less from Rockville, and 30 minutes or less from Frederick, Potomac, and Silver Spring. Also, the new Intercounty Connector provides convenient access to and from Columbia and Baltimore and other northern locations.