Men’s and Women’s Single Tennis Ladders at the Montgomery TennisPlex — Winter 2013.
Meet new players, compete, improve your tennis game and have FUN! We have several categories for both men and women (18+) to compete. Men’s 3.0-3.5, 3.5-4.0, and 4.5-5.5 and women’s 2.5-3.0, 3.0-3.5, 3.5-4.0. If you enjoy competing and playing matches but have never been rated, you can self rate at http://www.usta.com/Play-Tennis/USTA-League/Information/About_NTRP/. The tennis ladder administrator reserves the right to move players to a higher or lower category.
The cost to play on the ladder is $25. A TennisPlex T-Shirt and Water bottle will be provided for all players in the inaugural season! This ladder season will last until June 2nd. Prizes will be given for “#1 Player”, “Most Matches Played” and “Most Matches Won”! All players competing in ladder matches will receive a 15% discount on indoor court time usage and will not be charged to utilize the outdoor courts during daylight hours and will be charged just $5/hr for evening outdoor light usage. Court time Monday thru Friday before 5pm will be charged at our already discounted rate of $20/hr. with no additional discount for ladder play. Register for the ladder here online or call (240) 477-4430.
MONTGOMERY TENNISPLEX TENNIS LADDER RULES & REGULATIONS
1) All matches must be played at the Montgomery Tennisplex, either indoors or outdoors.
2) All new players will be placed at the bottom of the ladder and must work their way up. A player may not challenge more than 3 spaces above them and may challenge any player below them. If the lower ranked player beats the higher ranked player, they take their position and the higher player drops 1 spot down.
3) Players are expected to make a challenge or accept a challenge at least every 2 weeks. If players are non active or not able to play for an extended period of time, they will be placed at the bottom of the ladder and will need to work their way back up.
4) Both players are expected to split the court costs. The challenger makes the reservation. The Tennisplex has a 24-hour cancellation policy. If you cancel your court reservation with less than 24hours notice, then both players will be charged their half of the court fees and the player who initiates the cancelation loses in an 8-0 default. The player who initiates the cancelation also has the option to pay the entire court fee, thereby avoiding the 8-0 default and allowing for the match to be rescheduled.
5) All players are expected to arrive on time. A 15 minute grace period will be allowed before a game penalty is accessed. After 15 minutes, the late player will start with a 3-0 deficit and must begin the match without a warm up.
6) A match will be an 8 game pro set with no-ad scoring. A 9-point tiebreaker will be played at 8 games all. A maximum 10 minute warm up period will be allowed before the match starts. These rules have been established in order to complete the match within the 1 hour time limit. If the time expires, the player who is leading will be declared the winner.
7) Both players will supply a new can of tennis balls for each match. The winner will keep the new can and the losing player keeps the used can. Tennis balls can be purchased at the front desk.
9) At the conclusion of the match, the winner reports the date and score of the match to the tennis ladder administrator.
10) The Ladder Administrator reserves the right to adjust any rules at any time to make sure all play is equitable. The Administrator also reserves the right to move players either up or down in category depending on skills or match results in order to maintain competitive play.
Your ladder administrator is Marc Verde, Marc@MontgomeryTennisPlex.com, and (240) 400-3300.