Reserved Indoor Seasonal Court Time, Spot Time, and Tennis Court Rules
Seasonal Court Time
September 8, 2014 – May 3, 2015
(Last Day for Thursday Court Time is May 7, 2015)
Seasonal court time applications for the 32-week 2014/2015 season are now available. Montgomery TennisPlex is pleased to announce its 3rd season! We are proud to offer the best rates at the best courts in Montgomery County. Reserve your favorite time and guarantee that you will be able to play every week and will have the right to reserve this same time every year.
We have eight (8) beautiful indoor hard courts and four (4) beautiful lighted outdoor hard courts in South Germantown Recreational Park. The indoor courts are under two air-conditioned bubbles for comfortable year-round play.
Benefits of seasonal court time exclusively at the TennisPlex include:
- Guaranteed weekly court at your preferred time – even during busiest periods.
- Lower cost than spot time.
- You may have unlimited guests and players on your roster at no charge.
- Privileges of membership with no membership or guest fees.
- Reservations on a first-come first-served basis - no lottery system.
- One make-up week may be rescheduled for similarly priced court time with seven days notice (e.g., a week may be added at the end of the season).
- Two players per group may join tennis ladder FREE (for fall season only). Ladder details to be available toward end of summer.
- You may reserve up to ten (10) hours of seasonal time per week.
- “Incumbent” seasonal customers (who had contracts for the 2013/2014 season) have first option on same court time in 2014/2015 season so long as they apply by 4/30/14.
How to Apply for Seasonal Court Time
To apply, just send in the Seasonal Court Time Application. Please note:
- A single non-refundable check for $100 is required as a deposit for each court-hour.
- Balance is due on 6/30/14 to confirm seasonal time slots.
- A $32 “pro-rate fee” per court hour will be charged for those who seek to register after the start of the season.
If you have questions, email Kevin Dowdell, or call him, (240) 477-4430.
Dates and Holidays
- The 32-week indoor season runs from 9/8/14 through 5/3/15 (plus 5/7/15 for Thursday contracts).
- Every seasonal contract receives 32 weeks of play. Seasonal contracts do not include the following holiday periods: November 27 – 30,2014 and December 22, 2014 – January 1, 2015.
- Thursday contracts will receive one extra play date on May 7, 2015, because Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day all fall on a Thursday.
- If seasonal court time sessions are missed due to official closures (e.g., inclement weather), then the season will be extended accordingly.
- Refunds are not allowed for unused time.
Seasonal and Spot Court Rates for 2014-15
Important: Please note that the 7% Maryland State “Admission and Amusement Tax” will be be added to the rates listed below.
Monday through Friday
|Time||Seasonal Rates||Spot Rates|
|7am to 4pm||$ 640.00 ($20/hr.)||$ 22/hr.|
|4pm to 7pm||Not Available*||$ 42/hr.|
|7pm to 9pm||$1,280.00 ($40/hr.)||$ 42/hr.|
|9pm to 11pm||$1,024.00 ($32/hr.)||$ 34/hr.|
Saturday and Sunday
|Time||Seasonal Rates||Spot Rates|
|7am to 9am||$1,024.00 ($32/hr.)||$ 34/hr.|
|9am to 7pm||$1,280.00 ($40/hr.)*||$ 42/hr.|
|7pm to 11pm||$1,024.00 ($32/hr.)||$ 34/hr.|
*Note: Monday through Friday from 4pm to 7pm will not be available for seasonal court time and availability Saturday & Sunday from 10am to 7pm will be limited.
February 4: Seasonal time application and deposit acceptance period begins.
April 30: “Incumbent” seasonal customers (who had contracts for the 2013/2014 season) have first option on same court time in 2014/2015 season so long as they apply by 4/30/14.
June 30: Final payment due to secure seasonal time.
September 8: Season begins (Monday).
May 3, 2015: Season ends (Sunday).
May 7, 2015: Season ends for Thursday seasonal contracts.
Montgomery TennisPlex Seasonal Court Time Policies
Please read carefully, and contact Kevin Dowdell, General Manager, at (240) 477-4430 or at Kevin@MontgomeryTennisPlex.com with questions.
- All seasonal time requests are on a “first come first served” basis.
- Seasonal time must be reserved for at least one hour on the hour, except Monday through Friday before 4pm when reservations may be made on the half-hour.
- Applicants may request up to ten (10) hours of seasonal time per week.
- We will inform you if you received your choice(s) and, if necessary, discuss back-up options.
- If application is not accepted, we will return your deposit.
- MTP reserves the right to change court assignments at any time.
- Re-sales and/or transfers of seasonal court time rights may occur only with written approval by a Montgomery TennisPlex officer.
- All players must provide their name, mailing address, email address, at least one phone number and a signed waiver before they play. Captains are responsible to ensure that all who play on their court have submitted signed waivers to the TennisPlex.
- All players must check in at front desk before playing to confirm court assignment and, if needed, to sign waivers.
- Seasonal contracts will not include the following holiday periods: 11/27/14 to 11/30/14 and 12/22/14 to 1/1/15.
- 11. Successful applicants and all players must sign a release and indemnity.
- Final Payment Timetable
- 6/30/14: Pay in full by this date to confirm your seasonal court time. If full payment is not received by this date, then courts will be reassigned and deposits will not be returned.
- 7/1/14 or later: If seasonal time requests are received on or after 7/1/14, then confirmation will be based on court availability at time of receipt.
- 9/14/14: If final payment is made after this date, a $32 “pro-rating fee” will be charged.
Note: Final payment must be made in one single payment by check.
Montgomery TennisPlex Spot Time Policies
- Spot time rates are listed above.
- Spot time refers to individual court time reservations as opposed to seasonal court time, which lasts an entire 32-week season.
- Tennis courts are for public use. There are no membership fees and no guest fees.
- All courts must be reserved and paid for before play begins.
- Courts may be reserved in 1-hour increments (on the hour) daily from 6am to 11pm.
- Courts may be reserved 7 days in advance starting at 6am in-person or over the phone.
- Cancellations for all courts must be made at least 24 hours in advance of the court time reservation; otherwise the reserving player will be charged in full for the court time.
- All participants must provide their name, mailing address, email address, at least one phone number and a signed disclaimer before play begins.
Tennis Court Rules
Montgomery TennisPlex Tennis Court Rules
- All fees must be paid before play begins.
- Players may use only the courts assigned to them for the time that has been allotted to them. Players remaining on courts after time allotted will be charged for an additional hour of time.
- Please toss all trash before leaving the courts.
- Official clocks located on the wall of each bubble and in the clubhouse will be used to determine court changes.
- We provide filtered water on the courts and encourage you to bring plastic water bottles, as we are a green business and do not provide paper cups.
- Only plastic containers – and no glass containers – are allowed on the courts or in the playing facility.
- Rules of tennis etiquette must be followed in the court area.
- Non-marking, light-color soled tennis shoes and proper tennis attire only.
- Up to four players are allowed to play on each court at a time.
- No instruction allowed and no business may be conducted on tennis courts other than by MTP staff. No ball hoppers or ball machines are allowed on courts. A maximum of six tennis balls are allowed on court for play. Please contact us with special requests.
- All children must be supervised while on MTP grounds.
- No food or beverages (other than water) may be taken into bubbles or on outdoor courts.
- The possession and/or consumption of alcohol on MTP property are prohibited.
- MTP is not responsible for lost or misplaced items.
- Please recycle by discarding all recyclable items in designated receptacles
Note: Failure to observe the above rules may result in removal from the MTP facility, being barred from future use of the MTP facility and/or pursuit of legal remedies. No refunds will be made for unused time for those who do not follow rules.